If you enjoy working with children and want to make a difference, this may be the career path for you. A+ Teachers is looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills, patience, flexibility, and determination to fill the following positions.
Special Education Assistant
Special education instructional assistants, also know as para-professionals, work exclusively with students identified with special education needs. They attend to the academic and physical challenges of these students; as well as, provide support to the teachers. Most schools require special education assistants to have at least a high-school diploma as well as on-the-job training.
Paraeducators provide instructional support which may include:
(1) one-on-one tutoring
(2) assist with classroom management
(3) provide instructional assistance in a computer laboratory
(4) conduct parental involvement activities
(5) provide instructional support in a library or media center
(6) act as a translator
(7) provide instructional support services under the direct supervision of a highly qualified teacher or professional practitioner